How to Pick the Best Shutter Manufacturer: Prudent Home Improvement
Facilitating home improvement projects nowadays is much easier said than done, especially when taking into account the vast number of amateurish manufacturers and less-than-reputable contractors operating within the industry. However, it is important to note that 62% of Australian homeowners have completed some type of alteration or refurbishment in the past 12 months, which implies that you simply need to perform some targeted research in order to ascertain the dependable, trustworthy home improvement merchants in your vicinity.
So if you happen to be interested in contracting the installation of roller shutters in Sydney inner west, for instance, it’s important for you to understand the salient characteristics and calling cards of a respectable supplier in today’s dense landscape.
If you’d like to avoid the detriments associated with sourcing shutters from a newly incorporated manufacturer or novice contractor, it’s in your best interests to establish a shortlist comprised only of firms that have been operating in Sydney for more than 30 years. While this may seem a bit extreme and unwarranted, there are hundreds of self-proclaimed home improvement specialists cavorting around the country, which is why scrutinising each firm’s documented history of service is so important nowadays. The more experienced your supplier happens to be, the better off you and your home will be.
Pick a Wholesaler, Not an Installation Firm
Shutter installation companies rarely manufacture their own line of products in-house, which means you’ll probably end up paying a sizable premium for your blinds, awnings, or shutters, a superfluous markup that you should avoid at all costs. Therefore, you should lookout for the following aspects during your internet research (most of the information will be in the “About Us” section of each firm’s webpage):
- Dedicated manufacturing centre
- Far-reaching network of component suppliers, home improvement purveyors, and distribution partners
- In-house installation specialty; ideally with a fee-free, no-obligation enquiry process
- On-site consultations available by request
- Servicing, repairs, and spare parts available on-demand
Wide Selection of Products
If you’ve ascertained several companies in the area that check off all of the proverbial boxes shown above, it’s time to take a closer look at each firm’s suite of services in order to truly separate the contenders from the pretenders. In this regard, it is important to point out that the most reputable shutter manufacturers are able to procure and install all of the following products on an in-house basis:
- Full range of roller grilles, including polymer and metal link variants.
- Extensive assortment of roller shutters, including rollform, proex extruded, polycarbonate, and shutter grille
- Armoured steel security doors equipped with deadbolt locks, steel subframes, adjustable hinges, and burglar-resistant security provisions.
- Contemporary window solutions, ideally fabricated with a uPVC construct and double-glazed insulation provisions.
- Genuine hardwood timber flooring solutions, including Brazilian Pear, Jatoba, Sucupira, and Tatajuba styles (the most popular hues and textures).
There you have it. You’re more than ready to start vetting the local shutter manufacturing landscape like a true professional!