Safety Tips While Using Electricity At Home
We can’t imagine a day without electricity today as we are so dependent on it at our homes and offices. Most of the things we use today depend on electricity. However, despite all the benefits, electricity can be dangerous if you don’t handle it with care. Let’s take a look at a few tips to see how we can handle electricity safely at home.
How to use electricity safely at the kitchen? Let’s take a look.
- When you place the saucepan onto the stove, make sure that the wooden handles are not kept in a way that could cause a fire.
- Many people make this mistake of putting metallic objects into electric appliances to remove stuck food. The toaster is a good example. Remember to unplug the appliance before you do that. Also, do it only after it gets cooled.
- In case of an emergency, a fire extinguisher can be of really good help. So, try to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen all the time. You can find a small fire extinguisher which won’t take much space in your kitchen.
- If you have a tendency to dry your kitchen towels over your stove, then you have got to stop this habit as it can be dangerous.
- If you think there is something wrong with the electrical connection in the kitchen, you can contact a retail electrician to get it fixed.
What are the safety measures that you need to take for your bedroom? Let’s take a look below.
- If you are using an electric blanket, make sure that you replace the old ones with the new ones for your own safety.
- When you buy an electric blanket, go for the ones that offer overheat protection. That’s because they are far safer in comparison. Also, you have to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to the T.
- If you plan to install heaters in your bedroom, make sure that you have them in safe spots. Especially if you have children at home, you have to keep the heaters in a safe spot. In case if you have some complaints about the heater, call a retail electrician in Melbourne to get it fixed.
When it comes to electricity, a bathroom can be a risky place since you splash water all over the bathroom. Therefore, make sure that the appliances like showers are installed in a secure manner. This will keep the accidents away. As for the fixed appliances, make sure that they are firmly attached. I would also suggest you to get RCCD socket protection for additional safety.
When you use extension cables, make sure that the cords don’t get jammed as you pull it. I would suggest you to install external sockets for outdoor purposes. Also, keep an eye on the cords to make sure that you don’t accidentally damage while using it.